Are you just “religious” ?

Are you just “religious” ?
My definition of “religion” is anything that YOU do to try to get in good with GOD.

Are you following some cult or MAN MADE RELIGION or are you a true follower of JESUS CHRIST, the ONLY way to gain favor with GOD and be saved from the coming judgment ?

believe IN the LORD JESUS CHRIST

JESUS IS GOD

GOD so loved the world that HE gave HIMSELF >>> JESUS
I do not care what your secular dictionary says.

Answer by BaBa Booey
Perfect. The only thing that is missing is a street corner for you to stand on and for you to scream this at people walking by.

What do you think? Put your answer below.

14 Responses to “Are you just “religious” ?”

• EyeSpeck says:

Of corse I am a true follower of JESUS CHRIST! 🙂

P.S Christianity is not religion. Even GOD says so!

• buflobut says:

You got it religon to me is a cult in itself it has got away from Jesus and getting close to him. I follow jesus and want to get closer to him.

• jimmy says:

I’m not a christian, but I am a very spiritual person.

• oneafter99 says:

Religions was made up by selfish humans to cover up their pain and suffering for their convenience. Its easier to blame on external thing than look internally. Its just an EXCUSE. JESUS is an IDOL.

• arewethereyet says:

The dictionary defines religion as “a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.”

While your definition is incorrect, you are right in that you cannot do anything to “get in good” with God. If you have the right spirit and a yearning heart for God, anything you do will be toward that end.

I think what you are trying to define is legalism. Just the act itself is enough say the legalists, but Jesus said differently; He said that you have to be doing it with the right spirit or it is just a bunch of nothing you are doing 🙂

• dr.macgruder says:

i wish they would take religion out of the dictionary, and leave belief.

• Tomoyo K says:

God sent his Son, Jesus, not himself.

• Heron By The Sea says:

your definition of “religious” is incorrect. Yes I am religious. But not according to your definition.

• 4HIM says:

Religion is man’s way to try to please their God’s with rituals, rules and doctrines.

Jesus is God’s way of reaching down to man with love, grace and forgiveness.

Accepting Jesus, who is God in the flesh, as your Lord and Savior, forms a personal relationship between you and Him.

James 1:27 says, “Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” This is what Jesus teaches us when we follow Him.

• sr438 says:

excuse me?
    sir? can you get your head out of your god’s ass for just a second?
    Thank you!
    first YOU might think thats what religion is. but your wrong. Here you go this is from my dictionary 😀

re·li·gion [ri-lij-uhn] –noun
    1.a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.

hmm. nothing about god there.

i do not follow god. well your god.

go ahead e-mail me and tell me i worship the devil. i’ve heard it all
    none of my practices have anything to do with the devil no matter what you say.

you are a bad example to christians. and you give them a bad name.
    its people like you who rant about others religions being “wrong” that makes christians look whiny and annoying.
    and sure enough. they are getting there. You happend to be the leader of the pack.

now honestly i dont think christianity is “false” no religion is false. its a belief and you cant tell someone that what they think is right (and cannot be proven wrong) is wrong..

you are extremely rude.

• tocktock says:

jesus is not god

• nunubabiii says:

I belive in Jesus but not that he’s God.

• Lin B says:

It is confusing but I pray to the one and the same ..God/Jesus and that is what I will be teaching my children and my childrens children…Praise God Dave777, let us preach and teach the gospel…

• joyfilled49 says:

Dear Dave,

That is a good question.

I believe that religion is a manmade attempt to make oneself right with the awesome uncreated Creator of the universe. I think that there are nearly as many religions as there are people on the face of the planet.

But it is not necessary for mankind to climb up to heaven because God came down to earth as Jesus the Christ. He came to show us the only way to be in a right relationship with God. He is the only One who can do that because He is Emmanuel, God-with-us.

Hallowed be His Name!