Do Christians believe in life before death?

Do Christians believe in life before death?

Answer by BellaMia
You mean like, the present?

What do you think? Put your answer below.

32 Responses to “Do Christians believe in life before death?”

• CJ says:

Yes. I have a wife and children, a great set of friends, a wonderful place to live in southern California, and best of all, eternal life and fellowship with Jesus.

That last part about Jesus is truly the greatest life before death, and then He added all those other things to boot! And then of course I have eternal life in heaven after death.

• Bad Liberal says:

From some of them here, they go on a great deal about the veil of tears, failing to see its beauty completely.

• Universal Pants says:

I know some who do, but I don’t know if it’s a common christian belief or not… I know that the LDS clearly do…

Edit: Ack! You got me, I misread the question and saw what I thought I saw instead of what I actually saw! I hate it when that happens… lol

• goinupru says:

We live a life and then we die. One must LIVE before one can die. Shakes head and walks away giggling.

• Fireball226 says:

of course…ive been to 28 states and lived in 5….have you?

• PB_GenX says:

I don’t think so. They seem far to preoccupied with their life after death to care about what impact they are making in this world.

• Ottoman Empire says:

nope

• ♥Gnostic♥ says:

They should, according to the scriptures they are there before the foundations of the earth (that’s Flintstone for the universe)

Eph 1:4
    According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

EDIT My dear fundamentalist put the FU in fun.

♥Agape♥
    ♥Blessed Be♥
    ♥=∞

• Hestia's_Priestess says:

Yes, but some do not know how to put the FUN in FUNdamentalist…….

• Feral says:

LoL they sure don’t make much of it, after all GOD says not to!

• Jezebel™ says:

I thought you meant life before birth..which would be an excellent question.

• gwhiz1052 says:

Life does not have to be evil or sin full.

• (-_-) says:

yes, we believe you live and after that you die and go to heaven

• Mrs. Bear says:

yeah…I’m living this life right now 🙂

• superninfreak777 says:

Huh?

• Jessy says:

Yeah!! Live every day to the fullest. There is no point in being alive if you don’t really live your life.

• Eartha Q says:

Well we ARE alive…aren’t we?
    Do you mean, were we alive sometime or somewhere before birth?? The bible doesn’t speak of it. So no.

• LADY SAPHIRA says:

• midnitepoets says:

if you mean life before birth i dont know, probably not. but if you mean life itself as in the present, pinch yourself and find out. there has to be life before death can exist. but also some must die for others to live

• Atrum Animus says:

I would have to infer that all they do is work for the afterlife. Which is a shame since there is no such thing, they waste the one life they do have. This system of myth-illogical beliefs places to much burden and guilt where none should be. To me that robs one of the quality of life.

On the inverse, it is so hammered into their heads as youth that they don’t know how to feel happiness without guilt or burden.

On the bright side – at least they won’t be able to regret it after they die.

• Daniel says:

Of course we believe in life before death, Jesus said “I have come that they might have life and life more abundantly.” Christians are blessed by their faith in Jesus, that means that while we are in the physical body we experience joy, peace, and love, and by these things, we live by faith.

• judysbookshop says:

No. Life implies breath and blood. That’s not what we look forward to. No thanks, to the idea of spending an eternity is this body.

• Gma Joan says:

Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting:
    The Soul that rises with us, our life’s Star,
    Hath had elsewhere its setting,
    And cometh from afar:
    Not in entire forgetfulness,
    And not in utter nakedness,
    But trailing clouds of glory do we come
    From God, who is our home:
    Heaven lies about us in our infancy!

This is from a poem by William Wordsworth. There are several bible verses that hint at a pre-earth life as spirits in heaven, and this is a main doctrine of Mormonism.

Some of those same bible verses are claimed by believers in reincarnation that it proves that belief. But the pre-earthly existence makes more sense to a lot of people. Especially if you believe that matter and energy is neither created nor made but is changed from one form to another. The same might be said about intelligence and spirit.

Edit: This answer goes to show that a person needs to actually READ and DIGEST what the question is before answering it. Duh!

• sun will shine again says:

yes, life is found in Jesus

• linda w says:

This question is a perfect example of my problem with a lot of the atheists on this site. They don’t come on here to share their beliefs, they mostly come on to sneer at anybody who believes in God. For some reason, they seem particularly intimidated by Christians, which is why they specialize in questions like this.

• sherl pagan vt says:

i’ve known some that didn’t seem to…and a couple that definitely do.

• rp says:

well

I am alive now and eventually I will be dead. So yes, I believe that I am alive now BEFORE I die.

but since you asked it…. now I am not so sure WHAT i believe!!

• Steve Amato says:

Well Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.”

And “He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.” 1Jn 5:12

• Rachel RTR says:

I just had a near-life experience. 🙂

• Loose Change™¢ says:

Hmmm, interesting. Where do the souls all come from? Spontaneous in spiritu tuam? Great question!

• emmapeel66 says:

I don’t know about the other denominations, but I know mine does. There’s an old joke that goes like this.

A man dies and goes to heaven. St. Peter tells him he can choose what room he wants to be in. The first room he goes to the people are laughing, carrying on, and in general having a good time. St. Peter says, “Those are the Baptists.” The next room they come to the people are much more sedate, but they are talking and laughing. St. Peter says, “Those are the Methodists.” The final room they come to the people are just sitting at a table, not really saying or doing much. St. Peter says, “Those are the Episcopalians. They had all their fun on earth.”

• aisha says:

LIfe or a QUALITY life, free of binding rules and fear??