New York- Presbyterian Hospital 2 0f 20

Jimmy Avila- Care of Jay Stuart Dankberg 1220 Broadway, Suite 502 New York, NY 10001 New York- Presbyterian Hospital Columbia University Medical Center 622 W…
Video Rating: 3 / 5

25 Responses to “New York- Presbyterian Hospital 2 0f 20”

• Nancy MacDougall says:

Emily, the courts got involved in 2011 and that is another story in itself.
    A judge took away my sons civil rights without due process, based on
    purgery. Hearing at Jacobi produced claims my son had kidney failure, when
    it was discovered that was a lie…he has and has PERFECT KIDNEYS. I have a
    lot of gov persons looking at my son’s case, but he needs a good lawyer.

• Nancy MacDougall says:

I agree Emily, and I believe you sharing your story helps too.

• Nancy MacDougall says:

I planned to go to bed early; however, started reading your story on line
    and sharing it. You have probably helped a lot of people sharing your
    story, as this young man has that posted this video.

• Emily Elizabeth says:

Nancy, sleep is very important! Was it a psychiatric hospital they sent him
    too? If so did they get a court order?

• Nancy MacDougall says:

Emily, they sent my son to a under-staffed nursing home. Ricky needs
    correctional surgery for an slleged blotched operation done at Jacobi
    Medical Center, and then to the Spinal Cord Injury Clinic.

Emily, New York Presbyterian Columbia sent over there. More another day, I
    need to get some sleep soon.

• Emily Elizabeth says:

Hi Nancy, I understand, I feel affecting change is very important as long
    as it’s in a positive manner. I am happy to see that you have been able to
    advocate for your son. A lot of people aren’t able to do this for
    themselves or family.

• Emily Elizabeth says:

What I think is a civil suit needs to be started against NYPH. I am not a
    lawyer but I think in order for that to happen you have to find a lot of
    victims with the same issues. If you find enough victims then you will get
    a lawyer to take your case. I think their are a lot of psych victims who
    have been abused at NYPH @ both campuses. ( Westchester & Manhattan)

• Nancy MacDougall says:

Emily, a medical malpractice lawsuit was already filed agsinst Jacobi
    Medical Center. I am not able at this time to discuss any legal action
    against anyone else. We needed an attorney to handel the civil rights
    issues…that we now have attorneys reviewing, and still willing to talk to
    another probate attorney in NY. I need to stay off social networks now, for
    about a week. Have a great weekend.

• Emily Elizabeth says:

@NancyMacDougall How did your son get sent to Mass?

• Nancy MacDougall says:

Tried to edit a comment too long, using a small tablet. It did not work,
    trying to cut, copy, and paste. Sorry about that. I will try once more to
    add pg 2

• Nancy MacDougall says:

Emily, thank you for your concern, kind words, and information. A case was
    opened under the Attorney Genersls “abuse unit”; however, I also brought
    this to the attention of our governor and public advocate. All mentioned
    (gov agencies in NY) helped in someway. It lead..

Part 3 – ……since my son is in MA, we have to start the process all over
    again (in another state). With the help and support of family and
    friends…we are doing everything to get my son out of where he is now, so
    he can have correctional surgery and get to a spinal cord injury
    clinic..and be treated for Transverse Myelitis.

• Nancy MacDougall says:

I give up…trying to fix my comment. Hopefully, the person that posted
    this can delete the dupl comments. I felt pain for the man in the video,
    and reminds me of the hell my son gone thru in NY hospitals. Shame on them.

Part 2 – …..to investigations, and New York Presbyterian was written up
    on serious hospital code violation by the Dept of Health. Sadly enough, the
    hospital sent my son to a horrible place in MA, where his medical needs are
    not met…and he suffers to this day.

My son assaulted by hospital police at NY Presb Hospital, and I got it
    recorded. He got five bedsores, two stage four. His call to 311, reporting
    gross neglegence let to no visitors and cell phones and ipad taken,
    completely neglected and shipped off to another state where I had to search
    for weeks for him. The NYS had an open case in the patient abuse unit, and
    the Dept of Health wrote them up on serious violation. Both “Cornell” and
    “Columbia” (both NY Presby hospitals) mistreated my son….

• Nancy MacDougall says:

Thank you so much for sharing this video, you have helped our case against
    them, and maybe OTHERS will get videos and their stories on the internet,
    and INDICT these criminals abusing their power..restoring NY hospials to be
    safe and patients get good care, even if you are not a Clinton or RICH.

My son assaulted by hospital police at NY Presb Hospital, and I got it
    recorded. He got five bedsores, two stage four. His call to 311, reporting
    gross neglegence let to no visitors and cell phones and ipad taken,
    completely neglected and shipped off to another state where I had to search
    for weeks for him. The NYS had an open case in the patient ab and he did
    not get good care but ONE day…when visit supervised. Now I know where to
    take my evidence to, against them.

In saying all this, it was GOOD employees that talked to Attorney General
    Office, to VERIFY the horrible things going on at these hospitals. And they
    sent my son to a worse place against his will, NOT being treated for his
    medical NEEDS. There is much to my sons story. Google search Ricardo Rivera
    Transverse Myelitis, and Judge Betty Owen Stinson will lead you to SOME of
    it.

• Nancy MacDougall says:

Oh, I reported a doctor at “Cornell”, and it was my understanding it was
    HER that then overdosed my son…leaving him for dead. Nurse found him not
    breathing, got rapid response team..got him to ICU. God spared his life.
    Hope FBI investages these hospitals.

• Nancy MacDougall says:

orting gross neell phones and ipad taken, completely neglected and shipped
    off to another state where I had to search for weeks for him. The NYS had
    an open case in the patient abuse unit, and the Dept of Health wrote them
    up on serious violation. Both “Cornell” and “Columbia” (both NY P and he
    did not get good care but ONE day…when visit supervised. Now I know where
    to take my evidence to, against them.

Pg 2 reporting gross neglegence lead to no visitors and cell phones and
    ipad taken, completely neglected and shipped off to another state where I
    had to search for weeks for him. The NYS AG OFC had an open case in the
    patient abuse unit, and the Dept of Health wrote them up on serious
    violation. Both “Cornell” and “Columand he did not get good care but ONE
    day…when visit supervised. Now I know where to take my evidence to,
    against them.

• Emily Elizabeth says:

@NancyMacDougall it was a horrible tragedy what happened to your son and I
    hope he is receiving the care he needs now and is better. When you refer to
    the Attorney General do you mean Governor Cuomo? His office has the justice
    for special needs unit, it was just established. This kind of abuse by
    hospitals needs to be avidly advocated and the only way it will begin to
    stop is by the patient or patient family advocating and reporting it to the
    proper authorities.

• Nancy MacDougall says:

When my son assaulted at “Cornell”, reg NYPD met me outside the hospital
    grounds..they refused to talk to my son, or take a report…told to hire an
    attorney.

• Nancy MacDougall says:

Part 4 – ….we appreciate all the prayers for Ricky, he is truely loved.
    Excuse the typos, using a small tablet. God bless.