Water and Spirit Baptism by Bro. Lee Stoneking

New video:

How to be saved and speak with tongues. www.leestoneking.net

25 Responses to “Water and Spirit Baptism by Bro. Lee Stoneking”

• TravisDanielJones says:

How I love Jesus. John 3:5 Unless you are born again of water and of Spirit you can not enter the the Kingdom of God. I pray that God will open hearts to understanding.. because their is only one truth one way to do it.. the Bible says many will come in his name and deceive many,but I am Glad that I have the truth and the truth shall make you free, not set but make because he makes and mold you till you are free.. Jesus the
    Creator of the World.. the Propitiation of our sins. The High Priest.

• kerry53able says:

anyone can write a book and write whatever they want to in it

• markpianoman says:

Certainly in a sense Paul was “just another human just like we all are;” however, additionally Paul was:
    - the “Apostle of the Gentiles”
    - the one to whom the risen Lord Jesus Christ appeared on the road to Damascus
    - the one to whom the risen Lord Jesus Christ gave many revelations
    I Tim 3:16 “Howbeit for this cause I (Paul) obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show forth all longsuffering, FOR A PATTERN to them which should hereafter believe on Him to life everlasting.”

• 009calebg says:

Hosea 12:4
    Colossians 1:15
    Isaiah 9:6
    Jude 4
    John 3:5

• kerry53able says:

Paul was just another human just like we all are. Paul just had some information just like we all just have some information.

• markpianoman says:

A statement like that just shows that you don’t study the Word of God…or have you already learned everything there is to know about the Bible?
    We certainly don’t need to update the Bible, but it would help to begin reading the part of the Bible written TO us the gentiles. And for that you have to go to Paul and the “revelation of the mystery” revealed to him!

Paul says in 2 Timothy 2:15,
    Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
    All the Bible is for us, but not all the Bible was written to us the Gentiles. Have to go to Paul for that truth!

• mattix771 says:

we dont need to update the bible or our understanding of truth

• kerry53able says:

never seen the bible divide so many people and hurt so many lives and relationships

• jonn86 says:

Mark, I want to apologize if I have been a bit “testy”. God has been working some things out of me, which didn’t make me feel to comfortable. But I know God works all things out for the better.

I know you believe differently than I do, and I want to respect that as I rephrase my last post. You and I have gone in circles on this, and neither of us are going to agree. I do not want to cause you strife, so I just think we should end the conversation. God bless you in Jesus’ name.

• markpianoman says:

“Paul’s teachings” are NOT his own…they were given by the our risen, ascended, and glorified Lord Jesus Christ to the gentiles through the “Apostle to the Gentiles” — Paul.
    You obviously fail to accept this basic truth!

• jonn86 says:

I’m sorry but we’re going nowhere. You obviously do not have the true revelation of Jesus Christ because Paul’s teachings do not surpass Jesus, our God and Saviour’s teachings. The whole Bible reveals that revelation, not just Paul’s teachings.

Speaking in tongues is the initial evidence of receiving the Holy Spirit, followed by the Fruits of the Spirit. That’s how Peter knew even the Gentiles received it.. Obviously you deny even Peter’s teachings… I pray God bless you. I’m done.

• markpianoman says:

Paul also says that the one baptism is the “operation of God” — NOT of the preacher. It is a spiritual baptism just as the circumcision is a spiritual circumcision of the heart….according to Col. 2

• markpianoman says:

Yes, the woman was “speaking in tongues” when she came out of the baptismal waters because YOUR CHURCH CULTURE teaches her that that is EXPECTED of her…therefore she DOES IT.
    Mark 16 with it’s “sign gifts” and raising the dead has no applicability to the “Church the Body of Christ” and the Pauline revelation. You NEED TO UPDATE you doctrine according to the Pauline revelation given to us by the ascended and glorified Lord Jesus Christ!!!

• markpianoman says:

This is exactly my point you keep making the HUGE mistake of going BACK to Peter rather than allowing your doctrine to be UPDATED by the Pauline Revelation of the Mystery…..LOTS of new teaching for the body of Christ. Paul NEVER SAID anything like “repent and be baptized for the remission of sins.” He did practice water baptism in his early ministry, but after he received the full revelation, he stopped such practice for the ONE BAPTISM by the operations of God…not the preacher! Eph 4:4-5

• jonn86 says:

Paul said we are buried with Him in baptism. When you are baptized, you are being fully immersed in water… Or “buried” in water.

Sunday at church, a woman was baptized in Jesus’ name, and when she came up out of the water, she was speaking in tongues.

Death = Repentance = Altar of Sacrifice
    Burial = Baptism = Lavor of Water
    Resurrection = Holy Spirit = Ark of Covenant

• jonn86 says:

Yeah, that can get a bit confusing to understand, but it is clearly talking about water baptism. In the book of Acts, when people received the Holy Spirit, it said they received it, or were filled with it.

When Peter said in Acts 2:38 to those who asked “What must we do to be saved?”, He told them to Repent, and Be Baptized in Jesus’ name, and you shall receive the Holy Spirit. Notice he did not say “You shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit”.

• markpianoman says:

Do a close study of what the 12 the Jesus preached compared to the new revelation given to the Apostle Paul….there are many distinctions. Perhaps this site could help you and others:

bereanbiblesociety (dot) org

They have lots of literature on the distinctions between the two.

So you think that the baptism of Eph 4:4:5 is water….then where does Spirit Baptism fit into the picture IF according to Eph. 4:4,5 there is ONLY ONE baptism…..???

• jonn86 says:

Well let me answer your question because I will acknowledge I have forgotten to answer you. I believe that Ephesians 4:4,5′s baptism is speaking of the Water Baptism. Paul teaches we are buried with Christ in baptism… Hence the term” Death, Burial, Resurrection”. The HG is resurrection.

Answer this, where in the Bible does it state Paul’s teachings over rule Jesus Christ’s teachings? Yes, he has a newer revelation, but it’s not all a replacement of what Christ taught, nor Peter, and ect.

• markpianoman says:

Take a close look at what you’ve written in that comment jonn86 — your very words deny that ALL the Bible is God-given. If the whole Bible is God-given, then the NEWER revelation God provided us through the Apostle Paul has more significance for us than the words of the earthly Jesus. The Words Paul wrote were given by the ASCENDED Jesus and are NEW instruction…so why would you want to place yourself under older instruction. God has deal differently with men in different DISPENSATIONS.

• markpianoman says:

Let’s get back to my question which you have not yet answered:
    How many baptisms do you believe in in light of Eph 4:4,5.

• jonn86 says:

Just because Paul was called to be the Apostle to the Gentiles doesn’t mean everything he taught cancelled out all other teachings, especially Jesus’, who is God Himself manifest in the flesh. I really can’t see how you can take something Paul taught, and make it doctrine over something our very own God taught, not only to the Jews but to all men on this earth. Jesus didn’t come to save just the Jews. They’re already saved. He came to save the world.

• markpianoman says:

The letters of John and Peter along with the book of Revelation will have particular meaning during the tribulation period. It is Paul who claimed to be the “Apostle to the Gentiles” with the “Dispensation of the Grace of God.” We are now fully under grace and not under law and its myriad of ordinances to be kept. I’m curious…back to my question….How many baptisms do you believe in in light of Eph 4:4,5.

• markpianoman says:

You don’t keep OT law do you…? So how can you accuse me of “taking away” from the word of God. The simple fact is that ALL scripture is for us, but not all scripture was written TO us. For example, I can read a letter written to you which may have interesting facts in it even for me, but that mail has particular meaning to you because it was written TO you. It is the same way with the Pauline revelation given for the Body of Christ in this dispensation of grace…we have to UPDATE.

• jonn86 says:

I’m sorry but that is just equivalent to taking away the OT and most of NT from the Bible. I hold firmly to the scripture that states not to add or remove from the scriptures. I do have one question though. What do you think about the books of John 1, 2 & 3, plus Revelations? Those were not written by Paul, but written by John who walked with Jesus. What about the Letters written by Peter? I’m sorry but I refuse to take away from scripture.