what does the baptist religion say about masturbating?

A question from a reader: hey just curious because i am baptist yes(christian in simple terms) but what does the bible or baptist religion say about it? i recently saw a commercial on the t.v. about some dildo for women which brought me to ask this question?

12 Responses to “what does the baptist religion say about masturbating?”

• Light says:

who cares what any religion says about it… it’s just right…. no fake gods or beliefs can change that.

• DC says:

There are 3 kinds of people in this world:

Those who masturbate

Those who lie when they say that they don’t masturbate

and sterile people.

• John says:

It’s ok. Jesus forgives you.

• Mari says:

they think its wrong but whatevs.

masturbation is actually healthy for both men and WM. it releases stress, helps with headaches, and helps you go to sleep.

• Jared M says:

Well, I am a Christian. I used to be Baptist, but I am no longer. The thing is, it’s normal and healthy to do it. I don’t care what the Baptist church says.

• St. Smivvy says:

You are a baptist? You mean a catholic or prostestant? Well Masterbation is a form of lust therefore one of the seven deadly sins.

• vimesfan01 says:

The bible itself NEVER mentions it.

And I dare anyone to prove me wrong.

They can’t.

• Measureyourmaterial says:

only in test tubes

• Emi A says:

the bible says something along the lines of

“i would rather have you commit adultery than spill your seed on the ground”

so it was one of those not-cool things in the bible.

i am not sure what baptist churches say about this.. but there are a lot of different types of baptists. there are very open types, and others who do not allow things such as dancing and card games..

• Truth B says:

Your not only Baptist your guilty! If you do not know what your bible or religion says on a topic then I say your just feeling guilty.

• some agnostic person says:

Baptists aren’t a religion, they are a denomination, or sect, of Christianity. Your answers can be found in the Holy Bible if you are a Christian. And if there is nothing about masturbation, I’m sure you will find some “context” that seems to point to things such as masturbation. Many Christians say that it is a sin because masturbation is usually, 99% of the time, accompanied with “dirty” thoughts, or sexual fantasies. And “dirty” thoughts are a sin to Christians. If you don’t have fantasies while masturbating then I really don’t see what the problem is. It’s a great way to abstain from sex. Christian parents should be encouraging masturbation instead of ridiculing their kids for doing it.

• al_bristol2007 says:

there are no scriptures against masturbation.

I am a christian telling you this.

No pastor,priest or cleric can give you any scriptures on the banning of masturbation.

that’s the truth.