Why work for “God” if the “Devil” pays better?

Why work for “God” if the “Devil” pays better?
I found religion one time, ruined my entire income… everything was a sin, or working for sinful people. I couldn’t even make a living in todays world. Now that I’m back to working for the “devil” though, money is no problem, it’s like it’s growing on trees… Why would I want to work for “God?”
Why lay treasures up in heaven when I can deposit them at the bank?
I don’t believe in any sort of magical afterlife, this is it and you better make the most of it.

Answer by doug.labelle
Haha, I love these questions. I’m a sinner too!

Add your own answer below.

26 Responses to “Why work for “God” if the “Devil” pays better?”

• ChaRiaLer says:

The pay may be “better” but the benefits and retirement sucks.

• kylekuypers says:

God has better long term benefits.

• yeesnaw says:

WOOO! testafiy that truth!

• Respectful says:

Easy. Your retirement will be better in Heaven, than in Hell. But that’s just my opinion.

• nickos11 says:

very good question,
    because god doesnt exist and so the money u get from him,
    the devil is nothing more than beeing realistic, and so that can pay u!!

To every body:
    why would u think that “may be i am miserable here but will be happy after death?”
    who is sure there even is an after death!?!?!,
    I perfectly agree with the asker

• shereecespieces says:

Because your young you are letting the devil take over your mind into thinking that

• Detective Leane says:

Because the Devil breaks thumbs when he comes to collect his debt.

• Adrian says:

The devil is paying you in this world, God pays you in the hereafter. So what’s better? Earn well for another…let’s say 50-60 years (till you die) or “earn” well for an eternity, after you die?

• Che says:

Up the revolution, a mystical being with “GOD AWFUL” the big guy who apparently lives up above has caused so much death and destruction over time, how can anyone find a truth in it?????????????
    Why do we have the saying “The good die young” how can a god justify taking the good and leaving the scum????
    Go figure Huh

• Luke P says:

dude, do not fall for the devil’s EMPTY PROMISES!!!!!
    I mean, why would finding god have anything to do with your income? If you don’t want to pay your 10% of income to the church, then don’t, i dont see why God wouldnt love you if you didnt.

• Hit Pig Pastor Kicker says:

Hmm. The thing that bothers me about the Christian Myth is that “God” is accused of numerous crimes against humanity, yet the only thing Satan is accused of really is rebelling against a murderous misanthrope…

• Bubblegummer says:

I believe and trust that the religion you used to have was christianity/catholism? Nothing comes easy,friend. After all the bad things that God has put you through, you didn’t bother to stay for the good part. Haven’t you heard, no pain no gain? You can only see the wonders of God if you have faith. Nothing comes easy.
    By switching to another religion proves that your faith isn’t there, and you break down easily.
    “devil” pays you now, but later you will pay. Everything will seem good, but trust me, it won’t stay.
    That’s how Satan works.
    For God, the life you live through now and all the good things you do now will pay for the life you live after you have passed on.
    It’s not late to repent, friend.
    You can redeem yourself by doing good things now,alright.

• nazof says:

Just bcz you don’t see what God has in store for you doesn’t mean the devil pays better.
    Yos you’re right.It seems that way and if you try to be a little religious you’ll face problems in this world but thats no reason to back off.Heaven is much more than a person’s imagination.

• PaulCyp says:

You’ll know in a few years. That’s all we have on this earth. Then comes judgment. And all the money in the world won’t change that.

• auerboonies88 says:

i am sorry to say that a lot of people will be putting you down for your choice . not everything comes easy for those who believe but things come way to easy for those who don’t and in the long run you will be doomed . you have to find your way back and when you do you will see that god never left you , you left him. beside the rewards in haven is way greater in heaven than anything the devil can give us here on earth.

• sirenpacificus says:

I’m an agnostic, but if I were religious I’d probably say because working for the devil gets you an eternity in hell and working for God, as hard as it may be, gets you an eternity of happiness. Life is short and in the end it’s what you’ve done on this earth that determines whether or not you deserve happiness. Do you think you deserve happiness?

But if it makes you happy, then by all means do what you need to do. I’m not saying it’s right, but hey, what do I know? I’m agnostic, which pretty much means I DON’T know.

• Katy M says:

Income, money, wealth are not connected with God and Satan . The Devil gives you better results for your life on earth than God. And this is for Eternity. Just imagine eternal fun.

• Miss chanel says:

Well we all have worked for him and the bible even says that sin is pleasurable for a season but the devil is like a dirty under handed boss that gives you what you want puts it in front of your face and when something goes wrong he leaves you there looking dumb in the face. Now I am going to be real even now I am saved he still puts goodies in my face but I know I made an investment that old slew foot can’t give me and guess what God is a man of his word. When God does it listen to me now there is no struggle to keep it. God works patience in us so we will not give into temptation and when that good thing comes along we will appreciate it better.

• Steve says:

In the life to come, what good will your money be? “Do not lay up for yourself treasures on earth, but treasure in heaven; for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Jesus said this. The things for THIS world are temporary and quickly fade away. Not only so, but they can be taken away by just about anybody and they fall to ruin. True wealth will not be found in this world. I seriously question whether you ever, really, got the point of “religion.” What happened? You got a good feeling about God and it faded? I pretty much imagine this to be the case. When that feeling about God came, what did you do about it?

You can be a slave to this world and it’s desires and to money, but you’ll get nothing at all for it in the end. You can also choose to trust in God, who will freely meet your NEEDS, and become a slave to righteousness, and then you will find the truth: “It matters so little how much you may own, the places you’ve been, or the people you’ve known; for it all comes to nothing when placed at His feet; it’s nothing to Jesus, just memories to keep. Only one life, so soon it will pass; only what’s done for Christ will last. Only one chance to do His will, so give to Jesus all your days–it’s the only life that pays–when you recall you have but one life.”

• byHisgrace says:

Because this life is not all there is, and if you just focus on that, then it will all be thrown in the junkpile in the end, and you won’t be able to take it with you. Do you realize that EVERYTHING on this earth eventually ends up in the garbage?! If you “work for the devil” then, your reward will be with the devil in the end. As a Christian, God tells me not to focus on things of this world, but rather focus on Him, and rewards I will receive in Eternal life.
    “Do not store up for yourself treasures on earth, but, rather store up for yourself treasures in Heaven.”

Jesus never promised it would be easy, no, just the opposite. He only said it would be worth it!

Edit: I “shake the dust from my feet”

• Daniel says:

“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 6;23).

So, I can work for death or just take a free gift of life. It’s a no brainer. I don’t even have to work for the free gift.

2 Tim. 1:9, “Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began.”

So, if my options are working for the wages of death, or not working for the free gift of life, I’ll take life.

• demha says:

Ever thought it might be a test of strength and faith. In this world everything forbidden is something that we all want, and they feel good doing them, but they end up ruining you life bit by bit.
    Besides the “Devil” won’t do ya any good at judgment day, God will. The same question can be asked like this: Should I do what I want in this life and screw my eternal afterlife by flushing it down the drain, … or not? WHAT THE HELL COULD YOU POSSIBLY WANT ANY MORE!!! GOD give air to breathe, water to drink, food to eat, and a roof over your ungrateful head, all these blessings and not one thank ya, God! Go ahead what do I care, throw yourself in hell, never mind mind that the sun (14 million ‘C) is like a cube of ice compared to it.

• AMM says:

Because your last pay will be death.

God does not have to be blame because of your ignorance.

God is not against having money or living well.

• Barney says:

God offers a retirement plan, Satan doesn’t.

• l'image says:

I’ve always heard that church is for sinners, right? So we have to keep sinning in order to justify going to church. Right?

• withtrollsidance says:

Why worry about it. I mean all you have to do is ask god for forgiveness before you die. WTF?